Star Wars: Silent Destiny

Session 19

In Which the PCs Have a Cantina Fight

GM:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

SILENT DESTINY

Episode II
The Hounds of Winter

Chapter Three
Hidden Fortune

The crew of Silent Destiny is on the verge of striking a blow against the ruthless criminal organization known as BLACK SUN.

They have traveled to Maz Kanata’s castle on Takodana, one of the Mid Rim’s favorite watering holes, to obtain the location of the InterGalactic Banking Clan’s lost treasure fleet flagship.

But their departure is blocked by the bounty hunters called the HOUNDS OF WINTER, who have sought them out for reasons and parties unknown…

SESSION 19

An Aleena bounty hunter rides toward you astride a gigantic Mantellian Savrip. Three humans accompany him. All wear the same uniform, which has the logo of a white snow-wolf embroidered on the shoulder. “Been lookin’ for ya!” the Aleena cackles.
Zeva is over by the bar with Maz Kanata.
Two guys are trying to access Silent Destiny’s loading ramp controls.
(Kay doesn’t think that they know she’s on board.)
Kay attempts to overload the panel so it blows up in their faces.
(Clever +3 vs defense +2)
The resulting explosion burns the human one’s face, causing him to fall back and away from the ramp.
The Rodian one scowls and draws his blaster, circling around to the cargo ramp.
He picks up a stick and starts poking at the panel.
Kay runs barefoot to the cargo hold and punches the door open, blasting the Rodian right in his snouty face (Flashy +6 vs Defense -1)
Meanwhile, Kes, Caster, J16, and Bella are facing a group of Hounds.

Caster:
“Must be mistaken, I don’t make friends with people that ugly.”

GM:
“Weapons free!” the Aleena howls. The humans begin firing as the Aleena coils up and leaps at Kes-Varn Like a Loaded Spring

Kes-Varn:
Kes barely contains a yelp and rapidly draws her rifle to fire at the approaching target. (Quick totaling to 0)

GM:
The Aleena easily evades the attack and circles Kes’s head like a tiny tornado. “I’LL EAT YOUR EYES!” he screeches.
(Quick attack +8)

Kes-Varn:
Kes rolls with the eye-eating and takes it as best she can. (Forceful 4, 2 points in stress and mild consequence)
“Son of a—”

GM:
The Aleena leaves her with a Scratched Face. She’s getting blood in her eyes.

Caster:
Takes a few quick steps back and tries to find a nice, quiet shadowy spot that none of the assassins are looking at
(Sneakily creating an advantage out of sight, out of mind, +5)

GM:
(Two free invokes on that too.)
J16 deploys an electro prod and attempts to zap the Aleena without zapping the Captain
(Careful +4 vs Quick +2) The Aleena shrieks in pain and pauses to hiss, cat-like, at the droid’s interruption.
“Get ’im, Gage!” he yowls at the Savrip, who trudges forward to swat at the droid.
(attack -1 vs Quick +1) But the little guy manages to scoot away from those huge fists.
Bella draws her blaster: “Which one’s the most in my way… you.” She fires at one of the humans.
It just misses him, though.Now the three of them are firing on her. : P
She, too, is too quick for them.
“Leave my little friend alone,” Zeva says as she suddenly appears between the Savrip and J16, swinging her shock baton at him.
(she invokes Unproven Jedi Knight for Forceful +3 vs his defense +1) The baton catches him at the base of the neck, and he convulses violently – but doesn’t fall down.
The Savrips ignore J16 and attacks Zeva instead.
But she evades his clumsy and slow attacks, leading him away from the group.

Caster:
Caster searches for someone with the biggest damn gun to make sudden friends with the power of money

GM:
Caster spots a near-human spacer with an extra-heavy blaster pistol.

Caster:
(+5. Careful with ‘Everything has a price’)

GM:
(creating an advantage: suppressing fire, with two free invokes)

Kes-Varn:
Taking advantage of the pause in the Aleena’s momentum, Kes seizes the little guy and smashes him against a pillar. (Forceful 3)

GM:
(Quick +4) But the little creature crawls under her armpit and onto her back.
And it starts tearing into her again

Caster:
“Hey. You. Big guy. You see those ugly nerf headers with the white snow wolf shoulder patches? How about you make a quick buck and have some fun with that giant handcannon. Half now, half when they’re gone.”

GM:
(Quick +4)
The big-gunned spacer nods at Caster and moves his brown duster coat so it’ll be out of his way.

Kes-Varn:
Kes has enough presence of mind to turn and try to smash him into the pillar by driving herSELF into the pillar backwards. (Clever 3)

GM:
(1 shift of stress)
The Aleena scampers around to Kes’s chest. In doing so he gives J16 a clear line of sight with his shock prod.
(Clever 2 vs Quick 0) Its claws dig into her clothes as it burns and squeals (the stink is quite revolting) and finally falls to the floor at Kes’s feet.
Now the humans fire on Kes and the droid.
(attack +4 on Kes)
(
0 and -3 on J16)
J16 squeals as he takes a blaster bolt to the dome.

Kes-Varn:
Kes remembers she’s still by the pillar and ducks to use it as cover. (clever 5!!)

GM:
Bella is still unable to land a shot on any of the humans.
Rounding out the cast, Zeva attempts to put the Savrip on its big ol’ ass.
It’s smart enough to evade the baton this time, but Zeva was only feinting to draw it out so she could land a kick where she hoped its privates would be. It goes down, defeated.

Caster:
Caster pulls out his hold-out blaster, whispers a quick prayer to the force that he’s holding it the right way, opens fire with his new spacer buddy on one of the humans.
human leader is the focus ( +11, invoking Covering Fire and Out of sight, out of mind)

GM:
(Defense 3)
The lieutenant is stranded! Caught in the crossfire! He is dead before he hits the floor.
“Backup! We need backup!” one human says into his comm before they both focus fire on Caster.(Attack 2, Attack 2)

Caster:
(+3, invoking ‘out of sight, out of mind’ and +2)

GM:
But they can’t shoot him. He’s Batman. Space Batman.

Caster:
quietly chuckling, Caster finds another dim corner to avoid more fire from

GM:
Zeva throws her shock baton at one of the humans, catching him right on the forehead with an angry thwack that sends him sprawling to the ground.
And Bella finally manages to gun the remaining human down.

Kes-Varn:
“What the hell.”
She pointedly STEPS on the Aleena’s body.

GM:
He squeaks.

Caster:
pays off spacer friend “Good doing business with you.”

Kes-Varn:
“Oh, you’re still alive?” she growls and hauls him up by the scruff. She keeps her grip tight.

GM:
The spacer tips his big ol’ hat and goes back to his drink.
Maz, to Kes: “I hate to say it, but it might be time for you to go.”

Kes-Varn:
“I’m completely in agreement with you.” She tosses a few credits at Maz. “Sorry about the mess.”

GM:
Maz grins in spite of it. “Next time, Kes-Varn.”

Caster:
walks towards the door, over his shoulder on the way out “Windows, Maz. Take it under consideration.”

GM:
She shrugs at Caster in half acquiescence.
And offers a silent nod to Zeva as you make your way back out into the courtyard.

Kes-Varn:
(which we do hurriedly, with the Aleena tightly in hand)

GM:
Zeva raises her comm and tries to hail Kay, but only gets static.
Off to your west is the landing zone.
Off to your east, where the lake is, you see a armored personnel transport speeder approaching fast.

Kes-Varn:
“Let’s go, moving along!”

GM:
You hustle double-time back to the ship. R4-J16 moves really fast when he HAS to.
You find the panel for the primary loading ramp has blown up, leaving part of a man’s face on the duracrete. Kay is at the cargo loading ramp, covering your approach with her blaster.

Caster:
blinks, question half formed, but thinks better of being mouthy and just runs up the loading ramp

Kes-Varn:
“We’ve got company — looks like you had some, too. You okay? Is the ship ready?”

Kaylani:
“Yes, and yes, and hurry up, yes?”

Kes-Varn:
“Yes!” She shoves the Aleena into one of the smuggling compartments and locks him in.

GM:
Your assorted NPCs don’t need to be told twice.
You can hear the troop transport pulling into the landing zone as Silent Destiny’s engines roar to life.
Sure enough, the familiar snow-wolf logo is emblazoned on it.
You have just enough time to spy the scarred face of Marius Krath climb out of the vehicle as he watches you depart.
And just as your ship thrusts into forward motion, Caster sees the Vainglory among the ships down there. : D

Caster:
“:WAIT

Kes-Varn:
Kes stares at him, puzzled, still drippin’ blood.
" * -"

Caster:
“How did I miss it on our way down, son of a…”

GM:
Silent Destiny’s radar pings to let her pilot know that signatures are inbound.

Kaylani:
“Some shooting might be helpful, Captain!”

Caster:
“my ship is down there! Shrir is back at Maz’s dingy castle!”

Kaylani:
“Can’t steal it back if you’re dead.”

Kes-Varn:
“Who cares, Caster!” Kes flings herself into one of the turret areas. “I’m workin’ on it, Kay! Which of you can use the ship turrets?” she asks over the little headset thingie.

GM:
Zeva, very quickly: “Kay needs my help in the cockpit.” (The last time she helped defend a ship from a turret, she got frozen in carbonite for nine years.)

Kes-Varn:
“Bella???”

GM:
Bella: “I’m on it.”

Caster:
face is pressed against the glass, pouting

GM:
As Silent Destiny climbs out of the atmosphere, she’s joined by a trio of Z-95 Headhunters.
They fire across her bow with ion weapons, finding their range.

Kaylani:
(accelerate to head out of atmo away from oncoming headhunters, quick +3)

GM:
Kay punches the engines for all they’re worth and takes evasive action. You can’t quite shake the Headhunters, but you’re skirting their ion fire.

Caster:
“She was there! Probably at the bar! I may have been sitting next to her!”

GM:
Bella, muttering: “I can do this. I can do this.”

Kes-Varn:
“That’s not exactly what I wanna hear, miss.” Because this is a ship full of people she likes or mostly likes, Kes is much more cautious about her aim at the nearest flying bantha poodoo. (Careful 3)

GM:
(Defense +3)
Bella waits for her shot and takes it (Careful +3 vs defense +1), blasting the Z-95 into a brilliant orange fireball

Kes-Varn:
(+2 It’s Just a Machine = 5)

Caster:
“Why was the lighting so dim! If it was a little brighter, I would have seen her!”

Kes-Varn:
“Caster! Later!”

GM:
Kes walks her fire right up to her target, piercing the hull and sending it up in another beautiful explosion (realized with practical effects naturally)

Kaylani:
“Oh darling ladies, I do love you. Orange is such a pretty color.”

GM:
The remaining fighter comes up behind Silent Destiny, pouring ion blasts after her (Attack +3)
But Kay’s Flashy roll keeps the ship safe from harm.

Caster:
“I even wandered around the place when I found Mr. Big Gun Spacer. It’s like I missed her twice.”

GM:
As you breach the atmosphere and reach the earliest part of space proper, you see an ominous, dark gray corvette ahead off the port bow.

Kes-Varn:
“Kay! Kay! You see that? Can— Can we go?”

Kaylani:
TRYING!”

Kes-Varn:
Kes carefully aims for the last fighter. (Careful 5)

GM:
(vs Defense -1) The Z-95 collapses in on itself, strewing debris across half the planet’s orbit

Kes-Varn:
“Rest in pieces, scumbag!”

GM:
Kay slams the hyperdrive into action, and Silent Destiny streaks away from Takodana in a tunnel of shining blue light.

Caster:
SOB

Kes-Varn:
Kes whoops as she clambers out of the turret.

GM:
J16 extends one of his fine manipulator arms to awkwardly pat Caster on his back.

Kes-Varn:
Kes offers a hand to Bella to help her out of her turret.

Caster:
accepts pat, droops arm over the droid

GM:
Ba doop boop, beep beep boo boo beep (There there. There there.)
Bella: “Why thank you, my good lady.”

Kes-Varn:
“Nice shooting,” she answers, smiling despite the blood.

GM:
“You weren’t so bad yourself.”

Kaylani:
“There you go, pretty lady. Always a nice shade of blue, isn’t it?” nods at the streaks outside

GM:
Zeva: “Agreed. I never get tired of it… where are we going, anyway?”

Kes-Varn:
“I’m good with guns.”

GM:
Bella: “Thank goodness for it, too.”
Bella: “Does one of your people normally take care of… this?” Indicating the scrapes.

Kes-Varn:
Kes blinks and wipes at her face, squinting at the blood that comes away. “Oh. That. We manage, usually.” She smiles sheepishly. “Adrenaline makes me forget.”

Kaylani:
@Zeva: “Just a quiet neighbor type, ’til we can take a look at our newest intel. We did get our newest intel, right?”

GM:
Zeva: “It was in Caster’s hands when everything went devsta.

Kaylani:
“Hopefully he didn’t drop it then.”

GM:
Bella: “I only half-noticed myself.”
Bella: “Buuut my time might be better spent getting started on that datapad.”“I may have it sliced before we drop out of hyperspace, depending.”

Kes-Varn:
“Right. Caster!”

Caster:
“Hm? oh, right.”
fishes around in pockets, produces datapad
“Go make us a lot of money.”

GM:
Bella takes it with a nod and a grin. “I shouldn’t be long.”

Caster:
manages a half smile “Have fun.”

Kes-Varn:
“And I’m gonna go talk to the little nuisance meanwhile.”

GM:
As Kes approaches the smuggling compartment, she hears a loud thump followed by a scratching sound that goes right under her feet and toward the front of the ship.
Zeva: “Uh, is he in the WALLS?”
TO BE CONTINUED

Comments

DarthKrzysztof

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.